A city church at the heart of local communities
Our Purpose Statement (what our church is):
Christ Central Manchester exists to worship God, enjoy his presence in all of life, sharing that with others as we serve our city and resource churches worldwide
Our Values (characteristics):
As a community that seeks to follow Jesus, honour the Bible, and be led by the Holy Spirit, Christ Central is hallmarked by being:
Compassionate - Expressing mercy through social engagement, reflecting God’s heart for the vulnerable.
Dependent - Expecting great things from God.
Confident - Attempting great things for God.
Equipped - Developing maturity through teaching, discipling and sharing life.
Authentic - Seeking openness and integrity in all we do.
Relational - Supporting each other and enjoying time together.
Creative - Expressing God-given innovation and imagination in everything.
Diverse - Loving the unity of different nations, backgrounds and generations coming together.
Accepting - Welcoming everyone with generosity and hospitality; being open hearted and inclusive.
Life in the Spirit:
Everyday healing and salvation stories. Over 1000 people hearing the gospel.
We are looking to grow to a church of 300 adults, with at least 50 of those new people saved and added to us as new Christians.
Four local hubs, Wilmslow, Salford, Manchester City Centre, South Manchester - facilitating community, discipleship, prayer and outreach on a local level and provide the foundation for three or four Sunday meetings across the City by 2020.
Each local hub to be engaging with their local community through social action, sharing God's love with others and supporting those in need.
We are seeking to invest in other churches in order to build God's kingdom worldwide:
- 10% “tithe” of our income going to support ChristCentral Churches
- Resourcing other churches in the North West, UK and overseas
- Increased connection to Zambia
- Increased individual support for child sponsorship in Zambia by 100%
- Having sent 10+ members on a Go Zambia team over the 5 years
- 120 to Devoted
- Sponsoring leaders on Zambian leadership program
During this four year period there is a need to build capacity by equipping and releasing leaders into all areas of church life but with a driving need of expertise and capacity in the following areas:
- Future elders and paid staff
- Ministry team leaders (a wider leadership team that carries weight and expertise)
- Leadership teams for community groups and hubs
- Increased youth and student work
- Evangelism champions across the four community hubs
- Sending 4 people annually on ChristCentral Churches School of Leadership
- Training programs