The High Accessibility Version of the Christ Central Website
The design of this high accessibility website is based on W3C Triple-A compliance guidelines, and thus comforms to current UK legal requirements concerning the accessibility of information for people with disabilities. The site is also extremely useful for use over a slow internet connection, or with hand-held PDA devices (though there are issues with some PDA proxy servers).
Currently, the High Accessibility Version gives access to:
- All articles and forms, via a "bread-crumb" navigation interface. Article and form content is dynamically adjusted to improve accessibility.
- An easy to use calendar of all upcoming events over the next year.
- A searchable address-book (if site has one.)
- The ability to read and reply to all forums.
This site employs following accessibility features:
- A zero use of graphics. (Article images can be switched on or off using the top line "Turn Images On|Off" links.)
- No ability to see colour is required. (some subtle shading is used to make the pages look better on PDAs etc.)
- All links are rendered as simple underlined text, using default browser colours for visited and unvisited links. No other text is underlined.
- All text can be re-sized by the user, using browser font-resize functions.
- All pages dynamically adjust with window size (ideal for PDA's or when using large font sizes).
- No style sheets are required. If style sheets are disabled then the site remains fully useable.
- There are no pop-up windows (except where file download links occur).
If you still have difficulty using this site, or know someone else who is experiencing a difficulty, then please
email Insight support, and we will endeavour to fix the issue.